How one dresses should never have anything to do with the government. The French government says that they ‘cannot tolerate such kind of enslavement on its soil” What enslavement are they talking about again? Most of the women do it because they want to. I’m not a huge fan of the Niqab (veil) but if someone is wearing a niqab it DOES NOT AFFECT ME IN ANYWAY RIGHT? SO IT SHOULDN’T BE MY BUSINESS!
Clearly I don’t support this law. No one has the right to dictate someone how to dress. Some Muslim women are pressured into wearing but then MOST of them want to dress that way so its absolutely wrong of the state to make them feel alienated by coming up such ‘laws’.
I don’t understand how these are considered ‘developed’. They talk about freedom but what kind of freedom is this?
They can’t fool the people by saying it’s an effort to “improve women’s lives” but we all know how funny that sounds because I’m convinced that what they really want to say is, “we don’t support or want your kind of people here” because if they really did want to improve lives they would stop the nuns from wearing those habits too.
What ever happened to the freedom of religion and choice? Isn’t religion the ‘private affair’ of individuals anymore? How can the government intervene in someone’s personal faith and dictate them the way of life?
The last question that comes to mind is how does a woman in a burka or a niqab harm anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment