I absolutely love this article written by the US Pilot John Bockmann. I don’t get why people have to comment and be like “first stop the drone attacks and then talk about our country like that” or “why don’t you go and tell people from the news in American about it instead of posting it here?”. This is what makes me cringe! Why can’t our people act civilized for once? This AMERICAN guy wrote about some really good things about our country (which we don’t see that often) and wanted to see our comments about it. He’s definitely going to go to his homeland and talk good about the country as well. Also, stopping the drone attacks is not in his hands. It’s in the hands of the American government!
I really really respect Naeem and Ishaq, the Pakistanis who were welcoming and actually helped in portraying a positive image of our country to people like him. It’s surprising how everyone thinks that Pakistanis living in Swat are extremists and aren’t welcoming of non-Muslims but they really did amaze the country with the kind of hospitality they gave the pilot.
I don’t respect the American government but I think people like John Bockmann who are here for a good cause must be respected and welcomed by us because it’s only going to result in portraying a positive image of our country. So if soldiers like Bockmann would go back to their homes talking about how he was welcomed in the valley of Swat then people would actually understand that Pakistan is not only about bombs and terrorists.
No comments:
Post a Comment